TITLE COMPANY CELEBRATES FIRST YEAR: Larkin & Larkin celebrated its first year with a celebration on Nov. 7. After more than three decades working with other title service entities, Jo Larkin and her team returned to her family’s 1938 Larkin Building on Seventh Street in Dade City a year ago to offer title services to local homeowners, businesses, realtors and financial institutions. Larkin’s daughter, Ava Larkin, is an active partner in the family business, and is focused on closings, processing and marketing. Lori Sanchez provides processing and closing services, and has been working with Larkin for about 15 years. The newest member of the team is another Dade City native, Rebecca Heath, who serves as receptionist and administrative assistant. The company is at 14130 Seventh St., Dade City.
BUSINESS WORKSHOP: A Business Networking Masterclass II will be offered from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Nov. 15 at SpringHill Suites by Marriott, 16615 Crosspointe Run, Land O’ Lakes. It will be presented by Lorraine Lane, author, speaker and business coach. Learn how to “Create Your 30-Second Irresistible Introduction,” “One-on-One Successfully” and understand the “Know, Like and Trust Factor.” The workshop is free, but seating is limited. Register at LBCevent.com.
BINGO AND WELLNESS: AdventHealth will offer free bingo games and a talk with registered dietician Myriam Parham from 2 to 3 p.m. Nov. 14 at AdventHealth Dade City, in Classrooms 107 and 108, 13100 Fort King Road, Dade City. Several games will be played, with prizes awarded. Refreshments will be served. There is no cost, but reservations are required. RSVP to 833-300-2371.
HEALTH SEMINARS: Medical Center of Trinity, 9330 State Road 54, Trinity, will host the following seminars:
• Current Treatments in Osteoarthritis Including Non-Operative and Operative Care,” noon Nov. 12, presented by Peter Candelora, MD, an orthopedic surgeon, who will discuss current thoughts for treatments using medications, injections and stem cell therapy, as well as surgery. There is no cost to attend. A light lunch will be provided. Seating is limited and reservations are required.
• Learn More About Weight Loss Surgery, 6 to 7 p.m. Nov. 12, presented by Dilendra Weerasinghe, MD, a bariatric surgeon and fellow of the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery. Those suffering from obesity-related disease that is impacting health and quality of life can learn more about how to get back to a healthier and happier you. He will discuss the benefits of opioid-free anesthesia for bariatric surgery. The seminar is free. Complimentary refreshments will be provided. Seating is limited and reservations are required.
To RSVP for either seminar, call (727) 834-5630 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
RIBBON-CUTTINGS: The North Tampa Bay Chamber of Commerce will host ribbon cuttings for the following Pasco businesses:
• Edward Jones Investments – Chris Baker, 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Nov. 12, 29152 Chapel Park Drive, Wesley Chapel. Call (813) 973-8578.
• Parks Ford of Wesley Chapel, 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. Nov. 13, at 28739 State Road 54, Wesley Chapel. Call (813) 907-7800.
NATIONAL PHILANTHROPY DAY: The Nature Coast Chapter of the Association of Fundraising Professionals, with Community Foundation of Tampa Bay, will host the ninth-annual National Philanthropy Day event at 11:30 a.m. Nov. 12 at Spartan Manor in New Port Richey. The event includes 40 philanthropists, community leaders, businesses and organizations from Pasco, Hernando and Citrus counties nominated for their dedication to community service. Awards will be given to Philanthropist of the Year, Philanthropic Corporation of the Year, Philanthropic Small Business of the Year, Philanthropic Service Organization of the Year, Volunteer of the Year in Philanthropy, Youth in Philanthropy and Carl Roger Orth Media in Philanthropy. Sponsorships start at $300. Tickets to the event are $30 and can be purchased at afp-naturecoast.org. For information, contact Nancy Dougherty at email@example.com or (727) 277-8351.
SMARTSTART ENTREPRENEUR EDUCATION SERIES: The following SMARTstart seminars will be offered:
• Networking and the Secrets of Body Language, 6 to 7:30 p.m. Nov. 13, at the SMARTstart West Pasco Entrepreneur Center, 4532 U.S. 19, New Port Richey.
• Food is the Biggest Business, 6 to 7:30 p.m. Nov. 20, at the SMARTstart East Pasco Entrepreneur Center, 15029 14th St., Dade City.
RSVP online at smartstartpasco.com/events or call toll-free 1-888-606-2726.
SMALL-BUSINESS SEMINARS: Pasco Hernando SCORE is presenting a series of free small-business seminars:
• E-Marketing Concepts, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Nov. 19, SMARTstart East Pasco Entrepreneur Center, 15029 14th St., Dade City.
• How to Apply for a Business Loan, 5:30 to 7 p.m. Nov. 20, at Hugh Embry Branch Library, 14215 4th St., Dade City.
• Basic QuickBooks, 5:30 to 7 p.m. Nov. 26 at SMARTstart West Pasco Entrepreneur Center, 4532 U.S. 19, New Port Richey.
To register or for more information, visit pascohernando.score.org and click on the local workshops tab, or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
HOLIDAY PARADE: The Greater Pasco Chamber of Commerce will host the 43rd annual Holiday Parade Dec. 14. The deadline for sponsorships and to enter a company float is Dec. 3. For details, contact the chamber at (727) 842-7651.
Networking and mixers
• Trinity Positive Business Network: 8:30 a.m. Mondays at Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road, New Port Richey. Call Kelly Steen at (813) 388-8726.
• Women’s Connection of New Port Richey: 11:30 a.m. the second Monday of each month (September through May) at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $15 and includes lunch and a speaker. To RSVP, call Linda at (727) 856-4042 or Betty, (727) 807-6760.
• BNI Overachievers Chapter: 7 to 9 a.m. Wednesdays at Myrtle Lake Baptist Church, 2017 Reigler Road, Land O’ Lakes. Call (813) 317-5556 or visit facebook.com/bnioverachievers.
• BNI Outlook to Success: 7:30 a.m. Tuesdays at Verizon Event Center, 8718 Trouble Creek Road, New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call (727) 815-7744.
• Suncoast Women in Networking: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. the third Tuesday of each month at Beef O’ Brady’s, 5546 Main St., New Port Richey. Suncoast WIN is a group of professional businesswomen. Membership is $10 per year. Call Linda McFarland at (727) 863-6151.
• Rotary Club of Lutz: 11:45 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesdays at Heritage Harbor Golf and Country Club, 19502 Heritage Harbor Parkway, Lutz. Cost is $12, includes lunch and speaker. Call (813) 857-7089 or visit lutzrotary.org.
• West Pasco Business Association: Monday Lunch Chapter, noon to 1 p.m. Mondays, Johnny Brusco’s, 10730 State Road 54, Trinity. Tuesday Breakfast Chapter, 8:30 to 9:30 p.m. at Hampton Inn, 1780 State Road 54, Odessa. Tuesday After Hours Chapter, 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Tuesdays, FlameStone Grill Trinity, 10900 State Road 54, Trinity. Thursday Lunch Chapter, noon to 1 p.m. Thursdays, Giovanni’s Fresh Italian Kitchen, 37611 U.S. 19, Palm Harbor. Friday Breakfast Chapter, 8:30 to 9:30 a.m. Fridays at the Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road, New Port Richey. The group is made up of professionals who promote each other’s businesses. Each chapter is seat-specific. Contact Maria Johnson, firstname.lastname@example.org or (727) 934-0940. Visit wpba.biz.
• Coffee First: 8 to 9 a.m. the fourth Tuesday of the month at First National Bank of Pasco, 23613 State Road 54, Lutz. The event is hosted by the Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce in partnership with First National Bank of Pasco. Free and open to the public. (813) 607-2555.
• East Pasco Networking Group: 7:30 p.m. the second and fourth Tuesdays of the month at IHOP, 13100 U.S. 301, Dade City. Annual dues are $25. Nils Lenz, (813) 782-9491.
• Trinity Business Association: 6 to 7:30 p.m. the first and third Tuesdays of each month at Fox Hollow Country Club, 10050 Robert Trent Jones Parkway. Networking begins at 5:30 p.m., meeting starts at 6 p.m. Guests welcome. Cost is $12. Call Ginny Pierce at (727) 433-4073.
• BNI Platinum: 7:15 a.m. Wednesdays at Heritage Harbor Golf & Country Club, 19502 Heritage Harbor Parkway, Lutz. Call Bob Nixon at (813) 263-5632.
• Pasco Business Connections: 7:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Broken Yolk, 3350 Grand Blvd., Holiday. Email email@example.com.
• Wednesday Morning Networking Group: 7:30 a.m. the first Wednesday of each month at Hungry Harry’s Family Bar-B-Que, 3116 Land O’ Lakes Blvd. A short networking presentation will be followed by a chance for all attendees to do a 30-second commercial. Cost is $7 in advance for members, $10 for guests, and includes breakfast. Call the Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce at (813) 909-2722.
• Keep It Local-Trinity Chapter: 8 a.m. Wednesdays at Havana Dreamers Cafe, 3104 Town Ave., Trinity. (813) 405-7815.
• Pasco Aging Network: 8 to 10 a.m. the second Wednesday of each month. Location changes each month. For information or to RSVP, visit pascoagingnetwork.org. PAN is a coalition of agencies and private providers of elder services in Pasco.
• Keep It Local-Wesley Chapel Chapter: 8:30 a.m. Wednesdays at Lexington Oaks Golf & Country Club, 26133 Lexington Oaks Blvd., Wesley Chapel. (813) 405-7815.
• Keep It Local-Christian Women’s Network Chapter: 9:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Direction Connection, 2632 U.S. 19, Holiday. (813) 405-7815.
• Free Networking International: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesdays at Cantina Laredo, 2000 Piazza Ave., Building 4, Suite 170, Wesley Chapel (at the Shops at Wiregrass). Attendees pay for their own lunch. Call Martine Duncan at (813) 929-6816.
• Keep It Local-New Port Richey Chapter: 11:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Direction Connection, 2632 U.S. 19, Holiday. (813) 405-7815.
• Keep It Local-Odessa/Trinity Chapter: 11:30 a.m. Wednesdays at Seven Springs Golf & Country Club, 3535 Trophy Blvd., Trinity. (813) 405-7815.
• BNI Eagles: 7:15 a.m. Thursdays at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Clay Henderson at (727) 534-5191.
• BNI Referral Connection: 7:15 to 9 a.m. Thursdays at Vallarta’s Mexican Restaurant, 22948 State Road 54, Lutz. Call Rob Hamilton at (813) 431-5887.
• Christian Business Connections of Central Pasco: 7:45 to 9:15 a.m. Thursdays at Quail Hollow Golf Club, 6225 Old Pasco Road, Wesley Chapel. Cost of $9 per meeting, includes breakfast and beverages. Annual membership dues are $100. Call Rene Van Hout at (813) 300-7511.
• Trinity/West Pasco Chapter of NPI: 7:45 a.m. Thursdays at The Grand Plaza Café, 4040 Little Road, New Port Richey. Call Rob Marlowe at (727) 847-2424.
• Networking For Your Success: 8 a.m. Thursdays at Lexington Oaks Country Club, 2615 Lexington Oaks Blvd., Wesley Chapel. Cost is $5 and includes a continental breakfast. Annual membership is $79. Call Matt at (813) 782-1777.
• Women-n-Charge: 11:30 a.m. on the first Friday of each month, Plantation Palms Golf Club, 23253 Plantation Palms Blvd., Land O’ Lakes. The cost is $15 for members and $18 for guests who RSVP by Monday prior to the meeting. Tuesday and after, the cost is $20 for members and $23 for guests. To RSVP, visit women-n-charge.com/meetings/. For information, call Judy at (813) 600-9848.
• Women of Wesley Chapel (WOW): 7:30 to 9 a.m. first Friday of each month, Beach House Assisted Living and Memory Care at Wiregrass Ranch, 30070 State Road 56, Wesley Chapel. WOW is the North Tampa Bay Chamber of Commerce’s women only networking group. The cost is $5, includes breakfast and networking. To RSVP, call (813) 994-8534 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.